20 May 2009

Just Another WordPress vs. Blogger Blog

I'm starting to get serious with this blogger/blogspot blog of mine, and I want to tell you why.

WordPress.com vs. Blogger

For me, blogger/blogspot wins for customizability. I mean, you can customize blogger easily and you can run your own ads, unlike in wordpress.com wherein it's wordpress.com's ads that are running. In blogger, you can add more scripts that'll not be in conflict with your theme. This includes adding a disqus commenting system for convenience.

Hosted WordPress.org vs. Blogger

While I also run my own hosted WordPress.org blog at Deuts.NET, Blogger wins for continuity. I mean what if there comes a time where you cannot anymore support the fees related to a hosted blog - which should include the domain name and the hosting.

In blogspot, you can evaporate from the face of the earth but your blog will still be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment