15 June 2009

SRG Clean Archives is not for WordPress Later than 2.6

Yep, that's how it is. I loved that WordPress plugin for a simple reason that it is able to parse all your posts in your WordPress blog into one page, while including comment counts for each post.

However, despite my affection for the plugin, the author seems to forget to update it anymore to make it compatible with the latest versions of WordPress.

While activated in WordPress 2.7 and later, a lot of errors occur in the WordPress backend especially when posting new entries and approving or marking as spam new comments.

I hate to say bye bye to such great plugin, but that's how life is. There is also another plugin that works exactly the same as SRG Clean Archives (I think it goes by the name "Clean Archives" as well), but it was even long abandoned by the plugin author than this one.

5 comments:

  1. There's actually one, called "Clean Archives Reloaded". But just the same as
    SRG, it causes my database connection to timeout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate to say bye as well to SRG Clean Archives, but what alternative out there?

    You have any idea?

    Haven't found anything so far.

    Thanks in advance for any recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found this one:

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/smart-archives-reloaded/

    Seems to work flawlessly on 2.8.4, no more fatal errors ... Maybe you want to give it a try. Clean and simple design, like it.

    See my Archive here:

    http://absolutelybangkok.com/archives/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for this info. I'll surely try this one. Though, I would love to
    have the number of comments per article displayed just like in SRG Clean
    Archives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks for this info. I'll surely try this one. Though, I would love to
    have the number of comments per article displayed just like in SRG Clean
    Archives.

    ReplyDelete