14 June 2009

My Hard Disk is Failing in Fedora 11

What the...?

The other Linux distros installed in my system, Debian and Ubuntu, does not report the same, and yet you, Fedora 11, from the moment I inserted the Live CD until I installed it in one partition, still reports in a popup that my Hard Disk is Failing?

What is it that you have that the other distros don't have?

You don't even offer solutions on how to fix this problem. Well, at least I couldn't find in the forums.

Okay, before you get mad at me, can somebody offer a solution first? Or maybe I guess, I just have to remove this Fedora 11.

5 comments:

  1. Fedora has a new utility that is going to become part of GNOME 2.28. You will likely see this in other distributions six months later. Fedora is just ahead of the pack. More details at

    http://www.osnews.com/story/21457/A_Peek_at_DeviceKit_in_Fedora_11_and_Beyond

    If your hard disk is actually failing (it might be a false positive) then check with smart and you might have to replace your hardware

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, so why that it is only Fedora that's reporting it? Sorry but I don't actually have the luxury to just change my hard drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic response. Instead of ditching Fedora, why not check google? The tool reporting your error is actually part of Gnome. No other distro has this tool because Fedora is leading the pack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks anyway, I'm loving Debian instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already answered your question if you read my response carefully. Fedora is the only distribution reporting it because Fedora developed this tool and included it ahead of other distributions. Is is now part of GNOME 2.28 and all distributions including it the next release will also report the same thing. Don't shoot the messenger.

    ReplyDelete