25 June 2009

What I would Like to See as a New Feature in Disqus

Disqus interviews some famous bloggers and successful Disqus users about their experience beginning from scratch and the use of the Disqus commenting system. They post these interviews in the official Disqus blog.

One of the questions asked was, "If you could add one feature to Disqus, what would it be?".

I may not be worthy to be interviewed by the Disqus team, but I would like to voice out my idea of what I would like to see as a new feature in Disqus.

I wish there could be the ability for users to add multiple profiles to their Disqus accounts. I have various websites with various domain names, and if I put Disqus in each and every one of them using the code from my single Disqus account, commenting to these different websites (using that same Disqus account) will display the same avatar and links to the same domain name (whatever I indicated in my Disqus dashboard).

If I have various profiles (with different email addresses-- for gravatar purposes), maybe there could just be a dropdown menu in the comment area to select the profile I want to use while commenting on a particular website. That way, I don't have to create another Disqus account (plus the hassle of signing out and in) in order to accomodate the various profiles I want to project to the world wide web.

2 comments:

  1. That's not a bad ide, I'll run it by the team. Also your completely worthy of being interviewed for featured friday. Not everyone on featured friday is famous. =P I sent you an email.

    Giannii
    DISQUS
    Community Manager
    help@disqus.com
    http://twitter.com/disqus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for the visit and the comment. I hope you understand my concern in this post. :D

    ReplyDelete