25 September 2009

Feeddemon 3 is now Final and Out!

My used-to-be favorite feed reader client has gone out of version 3 beta and now ready for download. You can download the program from here.

I used to love FeedDemon, and used it almost everyday to check out the latest from my favorite blogs and news sites. However, while I started running Linux distros from my home machine, I found out FeedDemon is not available for Linux platforms. That's why I ditched it in favor of Google Reader.

But then, come version 3, it started supporting synchronization with your Google Reader feeds. It can now basically co-exist with Google Reader. And while I'm in a Windows machine I decided I should use it instead, for convenience sake.


The program (version 3) has been in beta for months, and my major gripe with the beta version was that I experienced problems playing youtube videos within the program. Now that it's final, so far I observed it got rid of that problem. I hope it really did! (Update: Unfortunately, it seems this bug wasn't addressed at all. Youtube videos are not playable inside Feeddemon. Yes, the player is there but it ain't gonna play as you please.)

Amit of Digital Inspiration posted some of the reasons why you should switch or just even try out FeedDemon 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment